Saturday, May 31, 2008

strawberry heaven...

I've been buying a lot of strawberries lately, and it never fails that we have a ton left over. So instead of buying green bags to "prolong" my produce, I've been coming up with creative ways to use all those delicious strawberries!

Today I made strawberry pie. I found this recipe on the internet thanks to greenprix98 at mommysavers.com. I chose this recipe for its simple ingredients and quick prep time. This pie is simply delicious and super easy to make!

pie crust:
1-1/4 graham cracker crumbs (8 whole double crackers-- more for larger pie pan size)
2 tblsp sugar
1/2 c melted butter

combine crumbs, sugar and butter, press onto bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. cool.

Pie filling:
1 c sugar
2 heaping tblsp corn starch
1 c water
dash of salt

bring to a boil. take from stove and add 2 heaping Tblsp of strawberry gelatin. Cool, add one pint of fresh cut (and washed) strawberries. Pour into crust. refrigerate.

Top with whip cream or do what I did and just add vanilla ice cream! Yum!

No comments: